The steamed clams are just amazing. The broth is made up of red curry, coconut milk, fresh ginger, coriander and garlic. Click here for the original recipe from Savory Sweet Life or follow my version with a few tweaks for personal taste.
2 tablespoons coconut oil (Coconut oil is a healthy oil)
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
3 teaspoons red curry paste
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup coconut milk (I use Kara or Ayam brands)
1 kg bag of clams
3 heaped tablespoons chopped coriander
1 lime cut into wedges
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the red curry paste and the fish sauce.
- Stir the paste until it has thinned out with the oil.
- Pour the chicken stock and coconut milk into the pan. Stir the broth mixture until well mixed.
- Add clams and cook covered for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until clams have opened. Discard any unopened clams.
- Add the coriander and give the pan a quick stir. Transfer clams and broth to a large serving platter and squeeze fresh lime juice over the dish.
- Serve with additional lime wedges. Enjoy!